Tuesday 4 September 2012

About Me...

One of my favourite bands is The Libertines because I love the lyrics of their songs. Even though they aren't perhaps the best role models, that has actually been used as part of their marketing and attempts to present them as a little bit 'edgy'. I also think that they have been a big influence on other 'indie' bands like Arctic Monkeys, etc.



Probably my favourite film is the Shawshank Redemption. It is based on a short story by Steven King, a well-known horror writer, but this was not within his usual genre. The film has a fantastic twist at the end which has always made it very memorable for me (I'm not going to give it away, you'll have to watch it to find out!). It's quite an old film now (I'm showing my age) but was a success through word of mouth rather than advertising and its ideas are still relevant today.

No comments:

Post a Comment